About United States of America
USA is a country of 50-states where a huge area of North America shared with Alaska in the northwest and state of south America; Chile having two coastal line including South Pacific Ocean and South Atlantic Ocean. It also has Hawaii which is extending the nation’s presence into the Pacific Ocean. Major cities of USA are Washington DC – The Capital City having neoclassical and historical monuments and buildings, New York – a global finance and culture center, Midwestern Chicago – city known for influential architecture, Los Angeles’ – famous for Hollywood and filmmaking, Las Vegas – the Casino City, San Francisco – the city of steep streets and the Golden Gate Bridge.
United States of America is the global leader because it has the largest economy and strong military power in comparison to the rest of the world. It has the third-largest area among all the countries in the world. In fact, in recent times, the U.S. is ranked No. 1 in the new Agility ranking. Countries like Australia, Canada, Germany, Singapore and South Korea come after it. Home to the highest number of Top Ranked Universities in the world, it is the top destination for international students. Some interesting facts about USA are:
- USA stands at no. 7 in Henley and Partners Passport Index having visa free access to over 185 countries
- Boston, New York, Los Angeles, San Francisco, Chicago, Atlanta, Philadelphia, Washington DC and San Diego are the top study destinations of USA
- USA has natural attraction in abundance as it bisected by the Mississippi river and the Rocky Mountains, framed by two oceans and home to breathtaking sites such as the Grand Canyon and the Niagara Falls.
- USA is home to 10 natural wonders such as Grand Canyon National Park, Yosemite National Park, Redwood National & State Parks, Denali National Park, Niagara Falls, Yellowstone National Park, Kentucky’s Mammoth Cave, Maine’s Acadia National Park, Monument Valley, Hawaii’s Kilauea Volcano
- USA is also home to 10 engineering marvels such as United States Capitol, Empire State Building, Lincoln Memorial, Seagram Building, Louis Kahn’s Salk Institute in La Jolla, Grand Central Station, Brooklyn Bridge, Tribune Tower, Carnegie Hall and The Golden Gate Bridge
- The country has wide range of scenic beauty including deserts, mountains, canyons, grasslands, dense forests, valleys, beaches, volcanoes etc.
- USA is land of inventions as Airplanes, Telephone, Lightbulb, Transistor, Traffic Lights, GPS, Jeans, Helicopters, Computer mouse, Digital Cameras, Laser Printers, Google, Wi-Fi, iPod, Facebook, Laser, etc. are invented here
- World top brands are from the USA such as Google, Microsoft, Facebook, WhatsApp, Apple, Ford, Boeing, IBM, Dell, HP, McDonalds, Subway, Hollywood, Amazon, Pepsi Co., Disney, Harley-Davidson, Gillette, etc.
Study in USA
The US has some of the finest and prestigious universities with 33 of them in world’s Top 100. There are 50 states in the USA where each state consists of at least one top-ranked university for UG and PG courses. Students have choice of studying at 4,000+ universities offering highest level of programs in engineering, technology, business and management. The institutions are renowned for their excellence in academic standards, highly qualified faculty members, state-of-art infrastructure and tech-enabled learning environment.
The US educational institutions are not centrally monitored but they are accredited independently by national or regional authorities which provides them liberty to offer customized and flexible programs and study choices to the students. This allows students to decide their course content as well as its structure as per their preference and interest. The American university classroom atmosphere is very dynamic and puts a greater emphasis on internships for up-to-date outcome-based learning.
The obstacles which foreign students pass through are immense but American universities understand their struggles and therefore organize day-to-day orientation programs, workshops, and training to assist. The local students help the international students to get accustomed to a new lifestyle. They even assist the students with any academic, cultural or social queries bringing them in a comfortable zone.
US has fusion of residents from diverse nationalities, cultures, races, ethnicity and languages. This creates a very liberal and harmonious environment which influences the overall personality of international students helping them to thrive in their personal lives as well as in academic careers. Similarly, the academic campuses offer open, lively, vibrant and stimulating experiences. The American way of working and living is considered as a trendsetter in other countries.
The International Student Services Office in American institutions helps the international students in queries related to their housing, working, visa status, finances, etc. This assistance is provided through Orientation on arrival and by conducting regular seminars, workshops and training activities.
- Elementary School
- Middle School/Junior School
- High School
- Higher Education
Higher education is delivered through colleges and public/private universities. The qualifications gained from these institutions and its duration are as below:
- Associate Degree: 2 years
- Bachelor Degree: 3 to 4 years
- Master Degree (Professional): 1 to 3 years
- Master Degree (Academic): 2 years
- Doctorate or PhD: 5 to 8 years
Financial Support Options
Eligible students can avail financial support for their studies provided by government, private bodies and academic institutions. These gets highly competitive due to large number of applicants and thus students need to apply for this in advance. The various options are:
- Scholarships/Tuition wavers
- Athletic Scholarships
- Need-based Aid
- Research Assistantship
- Teaching Assistantships
- Fall intake: August/September
- Spring intake: January/February
- Summer intake: May/June
What Students Say
My experience at shreehari is really great. All the staff members are supportive and helpful.. also teaching is good.
According to me, it's fabulous place for student to complete their goals to study in abroad. Moreover, behavior of staffs are awesome and very helpful throughout the process
Good and smooth experience compare to other consultancies. I experienced many other consultancies but there were no better personal look out. Here I got a personal look out with proper outcome.