- Canada is the 02nd largest country in the world in land area
- 27 Canadian universities are ranked in The World University Ranking (2019)
- One of the top study destinations with 5,00,000+ international student enrolments
- Among world’s safest and most peaceful countries (Global Peace Index, 2018)
- World’s most educated country with 50% Canadians having college degree
- One of the wealthiest countries with $48,000 per capita income
- Highest number of lakes in the world numbering around 30 lakhs!
- Major industries are manufacturing, mining, services, forestry & petroleum
- Over 3,00,000 immigrants migrate to Canada every year
Study in Canada
Canada has world-class private and public funded colleges and universities spread across all its 10 provinces and 03 territories. Over 11 of its universities are in placed in world’s top 250 universities. Students have options to choose from over 15,000 programs from these highly reputed colleges and universities.
The tuition fee and living expenses in Canada is much lower than other English-speaking countries like Australia, UK or USA. The average tuition fees for international students for an undergraduate program is around 27,000 CAD and for a postgraduate program is approx. 16,500 CAD. The cost to pursue an MBA program is approx. 30,000 CAD. However, availability of scholarships for qualifying students furthers lowers the costs.
International students are permitted to work part-time during the course of their study sessions which is 20 hours per week. However, they can work for full-time during vacations & semester breaks. Post-study work permit exists for further stay and work in Canada for up to 3 years depending upon type and length of the program.
Canada is ranked no. 1 in terms of quality of life. 5 of Canadian cities are among world’s 100 best cities for students. When we check the country on Better Life Index, Canada stands far ahead to most other counties in measures of well-being. It ranks above the average in housing, subjective well-being, personal security, health status, social contacts, ecological eminence, employment and earnings, work-life balance, education and skills, civic engagement, income and wealth.
Canada encourages immigration as part of its economic policy and provides fastest way for the Permanent Residency. The country offers a variety of immigration programs which makes the PR process easy and achievable for international students. In fact, there are many Federal Economic Immigration Programs and Provincial Nominee Programs which offers additional points to the applicants who have completed their education in Canada.
The education system in Canada is divided into four stages including pre-school or early childhood education, primary or elementary education, secondary education and post-secondary or tertiary education. Out of these four stages, post-secondary or tertiary education includes college and university program and vocational as well as technical schooling. The academic institutions are classified into career and technical colleges, community colleges, university colleges and university. The government invests heavily in education and monitors to ensure quality standards. The various study levels and its duration are as below:
- Certificate (1 or 2 years)
- Diploma (1 or 2 years)
- Advanced Diploma (3 years)
- Bachelor Degree/ Bachelor Honors (3 or 4 years)
- Postgraduate Diploma/ Graduate Certificate (1 or 2 years)
- Master Degree (1 or 2 years)
- Doctoral/PhD programs (4 years & more)
What Students Say
My experience at shreehari is really great. All the staff members are supportive and helpful.. also teaching is good.
According to me, it's fabulous place for student to complete their goals to study in abroad. Moreover, behavior of staffs are awesome and very helpful throughout the process
Good and smooth experience compare to other consultancies. I experienced many other consultancies but there were no better personal look out. Here I got a personal look out with proper outcome.